Trinity Neighbours exists because many people in Adelaide struggle with poverty and being marginalised. This presents God’s people with rich opportunities to:
- Share God’s concern for disadvantaged people (Psalms 113:7-8, Isaiah 56:6-7, Luke 4:18-19)
- Do good works for which we have been created (Ephesians 2:10)
- Promote the gospel (Matthew 5:16)
- Live in obedience to God’s commands to care for the poor (Luke 10:25-37; 16:19-31)
- Present the chance to those without hope, to have the full life that Jesus promised (John 10:10)
- Live out our faith individually as God’s children and together as His people (Galatians 6:9, Hebrews 10:24).
Opportunities to share God’s concern for the disadvantaged include:
- Soup kitchens
- Welfare assistance
- Mentoring refugees
- Befriending those who are isolated at home
- Involving people through sports and activities.
For more information please email email@example.com.
I was connected with the Sparkling Diamonds Netball Club which aims to bring together young people from different cultures through sport … Through volunteer driving, I have been able to build friendships with the girls and talk openly with them.
We have had several discussions about God, church and other topics we are dealing with in our lives and their willingness to share has been an encouragement to me. It has been a most rewarding experience for me personally and it’s a great joy to observe the girls interacting with each other socially and enjoying their time out on the courts, knowing that they may not have had this opportunity if it weren’t for all the volunteers.